STRIVE Physical Therapy offers a post concussive rehabilitation program for the injured athlete or individual suffering head trauma.
Once the referring physician has ordered post concussive therapy, a vestibular trained physical therapist will conduct a comprehensive examination and develop an appropriate plan of care.
The examination may consist of a:
- MUSCULOSKELETAL COMPONENT to assess the individuals muscles and joints to determine if there are any limitations or deficits in range of motion, strength or flexibility.
- OCULOMOTOR SCREEN to assess an individual's oculomotor (eye) function. The client's eye movements and his/her ability to track objects are examined.
- KING DEVICK TESTINGis performed, which is an effective concussion assessment tool and outcome measure. It is an objective, physical method of evaluating physical tracking and saccadic eye movements.
- BALANCE ASSESSMENTto determine which aspect of the clients balance system (vestibular, visual, somatosensory) may be impaired.
Clients will engage in an individualized post concussion rehabilitation protocol to address their specific deficit and symptoms. Many will participate in a “graduated return to play protocol” to achieve the goal of returning to full participation in daily activities and sport activities. We will guide clients through the graduated program addressing symptoms such as dizziness, headaches or neck pain and manage any their possible balance, strength or flexibility deficits as well as aerobic deconditioning.
This program is available at all STRIVE locations.
ART is a soft tissue system/movement based massage technique used to treat soft tissue injuries muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves.
ART is most commonly used to treat conditions related to adhesions or scar tissue in overused muscles.
This hands-on approach allows the practitioner to evaluate the texture, tightness and movement of muscles, fascia, tendons, ligaments and nerves. Adhesions, scar tissue and other restrictions in these abnormal tissues are treated by combining directed tension with very specific patient movements. This technique is successful in restoring normal flexibility and function with individuals of all ages and activity levels.
ART is very effective in treating conditions such as:
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Shin Splints
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Tendonitis and Other Soft-tissue Inflammatory Disorders
STRIVE's ART Program is provided at the following locations:
- Delran - 8008 Route 130 #100 * Delran, NJ 08075 * (856) 461-9393
- Marlton - 500 Lippincott Dr * Marlton, NJ 08053 * (856) 334-4100
- Moorestown - 740 Marne Hwy #203 * Moorestown, NJ 08057 * (856) 914-1400