Pelvic Health Physical Therapy is a specialty that allows more specific treatment for many different diagnoses, specifically related to the human anatomy.
It may come as a surprise to many that physical therapy can be helpful to treat common medical diagnoses, such as incontinence, pelvic pain, prolapse, pregnancy and post-partum injuries/pain, and breast cancer.
Pelvic Health Physical Therapy involves the same concepts as all other physical therapy, but with more focus on biofeedback, internal examinations and treatments, trigger point massage, and abdominal/pelvic floor strengthening, depending on the diagnosis.
People who experience the following can benefit from this program:
- Incontinence (Stress or Urge-Urinary)
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Painful Bladder Syndrome (Interstitial Cystitis)
- Pelvic Pain
- Pre and Post - Childbearing Conditions
- Episiotomy Scars
- Post-Abdominal Surgery
- Coccyx Pain
- Pudendal Nerve Entrapment
- Dyspareunia (pain with penetration) and sexual dysfunction.