STRIVE Physical Therapy is offering Aquatic Physical Therapy to accompany the other rehabilitative services they provide. The Aquatic program consists of supervised exercises with one of our Physical Therapists. Swimming is not required as most exercises will be performed while standing in the water using flotation devices or holding onto the side of the pool.
Aquatic Physical Therapy is an alternative form of rehabilitation that is used in conjunction with other traditional outpatient therapies. It uses water as an environment for healing, strength and relaxation. Therapists use the properties of buoyancy, support and accommodating resistance to accomplish goals that would be more difficult to achieve on land.
People suffering from arthritis, fibromyalgia, post-operative conditions, sports injuries, joint, neck and back injuries, musculoskeletal issues, diabetes, obesity, neurologic disorders including: stroke,multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, muscle weakness, or poor balance may be appropriate for this program.
STRIVE's Aquatic Therapy Program is provided at the following locations:
- Cherry Hill Aquatics – 1 Brace Road * Cherry Hill, NJ 08034 * (856) 470-9191
- Burlington YMCA – 1900 Mt Holly Rd #4C * Burlington, NJ 08016 * (609) 747-1915
- STRIVE Sports Rehab and Aquatic Center at the Field House – 605 Glen Ave * Moorestown, NJ 08057 * (856) 335-5060
- Wingate by Wyndham Voorhees - Voorhees Township, NJ 08043 • (856) 435-2323
- Rowan College at Burlington County College – 601 Pemberton Browns Mills Rd • Pemberton, NJ 08068 • (609) 901-3005